The “Holy Grail” of Hair Extensions – Great Lengths Extensions
My quest for the ultimate in hair extensions has been a long journey. In the last 5-10 years a combination of Instagram and Celebrities have brought hair extensions out of the “dark ages” of Hollywood dressing rooms and onto the heads of the average American woman – And like anything that gains popularity, there has been an enormous surge of brands jumping on the bandwagon, offering as wide a range of styles and quality that you can imagine.
And while my trials and tribulations in the world of hair extensions have netted me a wide range of very viable and quality options – I’ve still been on the hunt for the best of the best. Ironically (or maybe not so ironically) it was through Celebrities and Instagram that I found one of my favorite sources of continuing education in the form of 901 Academy/901 Salon in LA, and stylist Riawna Capri (who’s client Julianne Hough you may have seen recently sporting long locks thanks to Great Lengths – see pic below left) – and it was here that I came across what would end up being my “Holy Grail” of hair extensions: Great Lengths.
Here’s just a few reasons why I am so enamored with them:
Sourcing/What is the true Quality of the Company?
Great Lengths is the only hair extension company in the world that guarantees with documented support that all Great Lengths hair has met the following criteria:
- Every strand has been donated willingly and with the full consent of the donor.
- The donor has been treated with respect and care.
- A fair and reasonable price is agreed for the hair and the money paid to the Temples to procure the hair is used solely for charitable endeavors, not for personal or individual profit.
- A company representative procures the hair to cut out unreliable middlemen and ensure full and direct knowledge of the origin of the hair.
- Exclusive in-house production process: Used from procurement of the hair to the wholesale selling of the extension to ensure full and documented traceability. Great Lengths International does not work through hair brokers. Great Lengths operates and employs our own sourcing staff and facilities in India so that we are always 100% sure of our hairs source.
Quality is not just an end product – it’s how that product comes into being. Sourcing is extremely important to me – when I give someone real hair, I’d like to know I am giving them something sustainably sourced and legally obtained through fair trade.
Quality/Why is Great Lengths the best in Quality and Technique?
-hair lasts 3-6 months
-bonded with a keratin protein tip that shrinks, expands with the hair so the hair isn’t damaged
-each strand is tailored to match the client’s own hair density
-strands can be put in close to the part
-hair is never bleached or damaged
-hand-crafted in Italy
-require extensive training and certification for stylists in order to purchase and use their extensions
All that being said, I am happy to say I did end up ahead of the curve, and am 1 of only 12 stylists in the entire state of Washington Certified with Great Lengths!
Check out more before and after pics below from yours truly and to book a consultation email me at email@example.com